Amsterdam Airport Area (AAA) is a unique partnership between seventeen public and private organisations involved with the development of office and industrial parks at and around Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, including parts of the City of Amsterdam and the Port of Amsterdam.
With the benefit of a single point of contact, AAA offers a "one-stop shop" for development or relocation and can assist and advise any company interested in setting up a European operation or expansion in the region. Through the individual partners and their extensive network of contacts, AAA can guide companies all the way.
AAA offers a single contact point to help international companies establish and maintain operations in the Amsterdam Airport Area. We provide:
- A wide range of land and property options for international companies interested in locating in the region
- Free of charge advice in setting up your European business
- Personal introductions to partners of Amsterdam Airport Area
- A wide range of options for leasing, buying, building or moving into turnkey premises A broad network of contacts in both public and private sectors
- Introduction to the best-educated multilingual workforce in Europe
For logistics companies we offer:
- The best european cargo airport
- Logistics expertise
- The opportunity to outsource
- A skilled and flexible workforce
- Cooperative customs authority
- Relatively low supply chain costs
- Excellent access to markets that matter
- Multimodal hub Port of Amsterdam and Port of Rotterdam in close proximity
- Innovative/smart security concepts
- Network of established logistics-related companies
- 1,600 international companies already present in AAA
- Space for future growth
- Amsterdam Connecting Trade (ACT)
All services are free, confidential and without obligation.
The Netherlands is centrally situated in Western Europe and has ideal preconditions to optimise European logistics activities, such as a skilled, flexible and multilingual workforce, logistics expertise and favourable customs and taxation procedures. Half of all American and Asian European logistics centres located in Europe are in the Netherlands.
The Amsterdam Airport Area plays a major role in the total logistics supply chain. Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is the third-largest airport in Europe in terms of cargo (1.5 million tonnes in 2009). Growth in airborne freight and the high level of service offered by Amsterdam Airport Schiphol have attracted a cluster of high-quality distribution and logistics companies. Synergies are created by an interconnected Airport-Seaport complex: the Port of Amsterdam is an important port complex, the fifth-largest in Northwestern Europe in terms of transhipment tonnage.
New development - ACT Amsterdam Connecting Trade
ACT- Amsterdam Connecting Trade is set to become Europe's most innovative, sustainable multimodal logistics hub. A dedicated cargo traffic lane will provide direct and fast access to airside. By rail, the high speed link will allow fast and secure freight train transportation to Paris and into the rest of Europe.
AAA has a very strong logistics performance in the following clusters: aerospace, fashion, high tech, life sciences, perishables and pharma.
Established logistics companies in AAA include:
Nippon Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Fedex, Rhenus Logistics, TNT Air & Ocean, IJSGlobal, Menlo, Expeditors, Kintetsu, Yusen.
European Distribution Centres (EDC'S) include:
Aviall, Bell Helicopter, Boeing, Canon, Centocor, Corning, Idexx, Intel, Yamaha